||Recently graduating with a First Class Honours degree in Computing, I am an enthusiastic and ambitious individual looking to build upon my experience as a Web Developer. Working well on my own initiative, I am resourceful, quick to grasp new ideas and have an eagerness to learn new skills. Possessing excellent interpersonal skills, I enjoy leading as well as being part of a team. My previous work experience demonstrates that I thrive working under pressure, which ensures I can meet tight deadlines whilst maintaining high standards.
Freelance web developer (April 2014 – Current)
Using my initiative to seek out clients, I create tailor made websites either through the development of bespoke systems or the use of Content Management Systems. Collaborating with clients has allowed me to identify various website needs, develop a functional design and implement bespoke solutions based on the nature of the clients business. Additional services are also provided to give clients a full website package, including domain name registration, hosting, Google analytics and email addresses.
Mannmade Group (April 2014 - Current)
Designing and building a cutting-edge website for a multi-national company, provided me with insight into how to develop an integrated, fully responsive web application across diverse mobile platforms.
- Being project lead, I was the driving force behind rejuvenating the website in order to optimise Mannmade Group’s online presence
- Main point of contact, successfully liaising, coordinating and consolidating ideas and inputs
- Responsible for training the IT team on how to operate the Content Management System to perform updates
- Designing the website to fit the business brand and its needs
- Migrating the website onto the company server and ensuring the process was completed by the deadline
- Completing various necessary testing including; cross browser compatibility, speed tests, testing on multiple devices, search engine optimisation
- Performing content updates for the continuously evolving business
Student Ambassador at Leeds Beckett University (September 2012 - June 2016)
Working at and organising a variety of events with students aged 4-18 years old, I delivered workshops/presentations and provided encouragement to help teach and support students with their career development. I was also involved with open days and UCAS fairs, marketing and promoting Leeds Beckett by speaking to potential students about the university and my course.
IT Officer for Leeds Beckett Sub-Aqua club (April 2013 – April 2015)
During my two years in this role, I was responsible for dealing with all club related IT operations and email enquires. I produced and maintained the club website which was the first point of call for all club information and activities. I devised an online sign up system to recruit new members, which improved club awareness and accessibility.
Home Strategic (June 2014 – July 2014)
Completed a summer internship where I was solely responsible for creating the Dream Catcher Appeal website based on their rebrand.
Leeds Beckett University (2012-2016)
Ballakermeen High School (2005-2012)
- I have achieved a First Class Honours degree in BSc (Hons) Computing, affiliated with The Chartered Institute for IT (bsc).
Key Modules: Advanced Internet Development, Internet Systems Development, Databases, Networking & IT system strategy.
- I am currently completing an Advanced Professional Diploma in Web Applications development.
Key Modules: Design, Patterns & Frameworks and Responsive Design.
- A-Levels: Business Studies (A), ICT (C) & Photography (C)
- 8 GSCEs including ICT (A*), Business Studies (A*), Mathematics (B), English (B), History (B), German (C)
- Reached national final of ICAEW charted accounting competition BASE, winning most organised team through our use of innovation with technology.